work in progress
- AI - such a fast moving water now? Suddenly, Perfection42 closes the round (below). Laimonas launches SpellPrints (AI app marketplace), nailing PR in the first place. Pixevia is expanding its partner base and geography. Deividas created a prompt engineering guide.
- Healthtech. Kilo Health and Estoty joins forces to launch BoomeranGO! - healthy habit building game for kids. Early access to Samphire Headbands. Review of NMN supplements by Hello100 - longevity startup (Tesonet portfolio).
- Edtech. Domas (Data Dog and Satalia) along with the team launches EdON - digital skills academy with no-code and AI view on future careers. STEAM Academy expanding in Ireland.
- Green. What would it take to put the world on a track of sustainable development? Around $4 trillion in investment, per annum over the next decade. Lack if imagination? What about the solar site, the size of greater London, in Morroco, and with a direct cable (3,800 km) to UK? Heat pump sales in Europe grew 38%. Scaling all this is Venture 2.0, tells Rokas (Contrarian VC) and Christian (2150) broadcasting from the Alps that still have snow (not for long). Syntropy Platforms is building a connection between infrastructure, energy and real estate capital. Namperus is developing energy storage tech. Emarius made some renders with an electric boat.
- People. Augustinas joins Powely (green hydrogen) in Oslo, hiring in LT. Auguste joins Baltic Sandbox Ventures.
Aiming for impact?
Meet the sharpest minds, creating an impact across countries and societies.
GovTech Leaders 2023 will bring together leaders from the government and technology from around the globe to R E I M A G I N E the future of an innovative public sector.
Secure your place – register for free at www.govtechleaders.lt. Mark the calendar - 9th May, 2023, at Kablys+Kultūra event space, Vilnius.
- Media worth consuming. Mindletic Newsletter. Bringing sweat equity to the Baltics (VNTRS). POS podcast (latest w/ Wise product director). Agota (ZENOO) launched podcast - Hello Inspiration. Tom Okman was on the LRT Opus radio show Švelnūs Tardymai (in LT).
- Build something new! Ideas and ephiphanies just don't strike success, it's about people passionate to make things happen (Netflix origin). More good ideas - request for startups by Remote First Capital. Subscribe to Business Brainstorms. Consider Data opportunities as Generative AI rises. Or just ignore all of this and bring issues, challenges, tons of important problems to ----
rounds and capital
- Perfection42 has raised EUR 1.1m in a seed round from CoInvest Capital, OCC, Lithuanian Business Angel Network LitBAN syndicate, Justas Janauskas, and other business angels. Perfection42 develops new artificial intelligence capabilities for automating the process of creating 2D and 3D computer graphics.
- Contrarian Ventures and Pale Blue Dot co-led investment into UK-based Ember - electric bus operator. Round was joined by the founders of Monzo, Zenobe, and Skyscanner, and the Ember team has grown from two buses to serving 40,000 trips every month across more than 20 destinations.
- Copenhagen-based Viggo, electric ride-hailing service, raised more than 3m to continue growing. Viggo is powered by Lithuania-based tech team (and some electricity).
Some exciting curated roles and not easy to spot elsewhere. Hiring? Add here.
OMG Bubble Tea - Creative Director
Mokinkis tutoring school - Co-founder, backend developer
Kongsberg NanoAvionics - Head of Supply Chain
Shipzee, Inc - Head of Marketing
Invoice123 - Customer Sevice Manager (Klaipeda, hybrid)
Cybernews - YouTube Manager (Health Product)
Syntropy - Operations Manager
Cloudvisor - Sales Manager, EMEA (Remote only)
Livonia Partners - ESG lead
HUUS - COO / MD of Operations based in Germany
- A little guide to fundraising in 2023. And five resources to get ready better. And 10 things NOT to say during a VC pitch, including
- How to positively impact culture on your team in 30 seconds?
- A Total Addressable Market (TAM) Masterclass
- How your GTM motion impacts your marketing strategy and org chart
- Overview of professional networks, initiatives, resources, events, accelerators, news etc in Denmark, Nordics and Europe, with a focus on professional women. Also - 250 European active angel female investors.
- Running salary negotiation
- A path to Partner in VC: what I wish I’d known (most principles apply in other industries, too)
- Thinking more about life and performance after Easter? That's ok. Read Growth without goals. Also read How to Be Great? Just Be Good, Repeatably.
- UK Midlands universities to launch GPB 250m fund - here's why it is not a great idea, and so often governments/academia fail to grasp power law dynamics. Mallaby's book helps, recommending.
- Fun story - Croatian Gambler who Beat the Roulette
- Very concerned - the share of population committed to starting a new business dropped significantly last year.
three questions, previously
- Milda Jasaite, Senior Director of Corporate Development, Vinted
- Darius Zakaitis, Founder & CEO, Tech Zity
- Roman Novacek, Partner, Presto Ventures
- Lina Zakarauskaite, Principal, Stride.VC
- Justinas Pasys, Managing Director, LitBAN
- Magnus Hambleton, Investor, byFounders
- Povilas Poderskis, Development Director, Darnu Group, ex-COO Nord Security
- Gytenis Galkis, Venture Partner, Superhero Capital
- Daniel Kratkovski and Dominykas Milašius, co-founders, Delta Biosciences
- Kasparas Aleknavicius - Co-Founder and CPO, Loctax
- Andrius Milinavičius, General Partner, Baltic Sandbox Ventures
- Laura Korsakova, Founder and CEO, Psylink
- Paulius Uziela, Investment Manager, Coinvest Capital
some great thoughts are coming in - help us cover interesting stuff.