We looked at Lithuanian venture funding 2021 - noting that we will see more growth investors around, and possibly new funds targeting Baltics. While total number of rounds has not increased much, a chunk of accelerator tickets don't get public coverage, so the number of rounds is closer to 100.
work in progress
- LT spirit around. Contra won Product Hunt Product of the Year in the Creator Economy category award. Nottingham based Wau Bicycles headed by Linas T. Pozerskis growing well. Pre-seed investment in UK-based Samphire Neuroscience, co-founded by Em Radyte.
- Scale. CGTrader hits 5m users. Surfshark is getting more public, hiring a ton - as we predicted on family startups (#IV). Ondato after US entry via WEVE Accelerator.
- Ventures. Katalista Ventures launches Triple Top Line assessment. 70V promotes Klaudija and Aivaras. VCA interview with Gabriele, Change Ventures (in LT).
- Media. TPOS podcast with Ignas, Tyler Health. Nidas Kiuberis on socialhack podcast (LT), deconstructing Caffeine learnings.
rounds and capital
Lithuanians still in Christmas mode, so now reporting Estonia instead:
- Large cities are more productive, right? Well they miss this agglomeration effect just by having poor transportation networks! Vilnius beware, density is key.
- Inside story of FB marketplace
- Ali Partovi with Harry Stebbings on 20 minute VC- packed with great stories on hiring, negotiation, very worth it.
- Non-technical fundraising guide
It's getting harder to hire, especially locally. More options to to hire remote (Deel, JobRely). We want to have talent switching to tech from other, less productive fields - so will keep expanding this section, especially non-engineering positions. Reply and share your job posting (we love early stage teams). And forward to a friend!