work in progress
- Vertical farming. Darzulis vertical green factory to be launched soon. Nerijus on how Leafood got formed and raised capital. Gediminas - Baltic Freya - is bullish on indoor cannabis farming, and needs some marketing help to launch.
- Vertical SaaS. "Focusing on a vertical market, these companies are able to trade market size for market share and in some cases achieve 50%+ market penetration" - lessons from Bessemer's decade of investing. More - marketplaces are a powerful lever for vertical B2B SaaS companies, creating a magic "come for the tool, stay for the network" inertia. Any good examples? Perhaps Watalook, Realthy (?), Breezit - do you know more?
- Uber is closing the Vilnius R&D office with 60 people, they are given opportunities to relocate. Looks like hiring and retaining engineering leadership has been the core issue. A batch of world-class technical co-founders in the market?
- Pursuit of Scrappiness. Arnas matches this podcast perfectly well - hungry, scrappy and relentless founder, from 0 to 1000 people-big global scale-up.
- CPH. Lithuanian delegation to storm Tech BBQ, Rasa /Talent Garden runs a side event.