work in progress
- Building a school in Cambodia - Andrius from Hostinger inspires all.
- Kickstart. Millo is the winner of TechBBQ 2021 Hardware Startups Pitch and coming back next week with millo air: New Generation Motorless Magnetic Blender. Get one and support here.
- 3D. Desktop Metal is at $1B cap, turns $100m+ revenue and it's still early days. Founders to talk to: Linas from Vital3D (bio printing), Odeta from Vukaza (global maker network), and Einius from Cyber POD (print-on-demand electronics).
- Right thing. Laurynas (DOW, which surged revenues last year) smashes gov't plans for charging stations at public buildings (for big moneys). Seems like one of these policy initiatives guided by "easy thing to do" instead of "doing the right thing". While infra is indeed an enabler, we actually find EV purchase subsidies shortsighted: if one actually cared about climate, your goal would be getting people out of cars- turning them electric is a very expensive way to tackle emissions (it's still 2000 kg of steel carrying 80 kg) and also regressive (incentive covered by those riding the bus). This funding would have more impact upgrading public transport and incentivizing micromobility (already e-bikes outsell e-cars).
- Where to look for a new set of unicorns.