work in progress
- The scaleups. Vinted launches Go - shipping brand with PUDO (pick up drop off) locations (Lithuanians love those). Makes sense - expensive and fragmented service in Europe, especially for a C2C marketplace. Also - Mantas Mikuckas stepping down from COO, but remains with the Board - and hopefully an active angel investor. Legend!
- Hostinger grows 50%, revenue at EUR 37m, Arnas says you need to implement OKRs early.
- Product confetti. Lambo Jumper - motorcycle history from CarVertical; Running App in the making; new game in the making - The Worst President (huge addressable market..); BOLDR brings design to heating (and savings too).
- Kids. Brave & Safe flags for little cyclers. CyberBrain teaches children cybersecurity skills. Fashion for awesome kids who have diabetes.
How is your startup now?
rounds and capital
- Presto Ventures pulls €30 million for CEE startups, Butterfly Ventures flutters in €47 million for its €100-million fund (deep tech Nordics+Baltics)
- SumUp has closed €590 million of funding, and we suggest 1/5 of that should be allocated to grow Paysolut - their recent acquisition.
- Clearly a VC market here in LT, at least for early-stage: half through 2022 we barely have 15 funding rounds, while there was 68 in total 2021. Many great teams are fundraising.
Time for new entrants in the investing scene? Gil Dibner (Angular) and Hampus Jakobsson (Pale Blue Dot) share how they raised funds.